Thursday Vigils

Call to Prayer
O God, Open my eyes.
And I shall see your wonder.

All praise to The Creator, to the Word Incarnate, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever.
Amen.

Psalm 94
Come, let us cry out with joy to Yahweh, acclaim the rock of our salvation.

Do not harden your hearts as at Meribah, as at the time of Massah in the desert, when your ancestors challenged me, put me to the test, and saw what I could do. For forty years that generation sickened me, and I said, 'Always fickle hearts; they cannot grasp my ways.'

Hebrew Bible Reading

Litany
God of mercy and love, we know you hear those who call to you in the spirit of your Word Incarnate. In your most sacred name, we pray: O God, be with us now.

Give the world peace, O God; still the clamor of war and the cries for vengeance. O God, be with us now.

Let your people strongly proclaim your words of salvation and freedom from hatred. O God, be with us now.

Bless all of your people, O God, and free us from false cares. O God, be with us now.

Let us wonder at the glory of your creative love and answer the call of this new day. O God, be with us now.

Let us pray for the coming of your kingdom as Jesus taught us. O God, be with us now.

Divine Prayer
Dear Creator
who dwells in The All,
holy is your name.
Your kingdom come, Your will be done,
in my heart as in your heaven's flames.
Help me sustain, as you sustain me.
Help me forgive, as you forgive me.
And let me fall not into darkness,
but follow your Light.
The Light of your Love,
the Light of your Grace,
the Light of your Wisdom,
now and forever.
Amen.

Intercessional Prayer

Closing
All praise to the Creator, to the Word Incarnate, and to the Holy Spirit: as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever.
Amen