Thursday Lauds

Call to Prayer
O God, Open my ears.
And I shall hear your voice.

All praise to the Creator, to the Word Incarnate, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever.
Amen

Psalm 66
May God show kindness and bless us, and make God’s face shine on us.
Let the nations praise you, God, let all the nations praise you.

Canticle (Exodus 15:1-5, 8-13)
It was then that Moses sang this song in Yahweh's honour:
Yahweh is my strength and my song, to Yahweh I owe my deliverance.
This is my God whom I praise, my ancestors’ God, the one I love.
Pharaoh's chariots and army have been hurled into the Sea of Reeds.
The ocean has closed over them; they have sunk to the bottom like a stone.
A blast from your nostrils and the waters piled high;
the waves stood firm as a dyke; the bed of the sea became firm ground.
The enemy said, 'I shall give chase and overtake, draw my sword, and destroy them.'
You blew with your breath, the sea closed over them;
they sank like lead in the terrible waters.
Yahweh, who is like you, majestic in sanctity,
who like you among the holy ones, fearsome of deed, worker of wonders?
You stretched your right hand out, the earth swallowed them!
In your faithful love you led out the people you had redeemed,
in your strength you have guided them to your holy dwelling.

Morning Psalm

Benedictus
Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke this prophecy:

And you, little child, you shall be called Prophet of the Most High,
for you will go before our God to prepare a way,
to give God’s people knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins.

Christian Bible Reading

Meditation
Meditation Timer

Closing
All praise to the Creator, to the Word Incarnate, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever.
Amen