Friday Lauds

Call to Prayer
O God, Open my ears.
And I shall hear your voice.

All praise to the Creator, to the Word Incarnate, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever.
Amen

Psalm 66
May God show kindness and bless us, and make God’s face shine on us.
The earth has yielded its produce; God, our God has blessed us.

Canticle (Hab 3:2-4, 13a, 15-19)
Yahweh, I have heard of your renown; your work, Yahweh, inspires me with awe. Make it live again in our time, make it known in our time; in justice remember mercy.

Your majesty covers the heavens, and your glory fills the earth.

Your brightness is like the day, rays flash from your hands, that is where your power lies hidden.

You marched to save your people, to save your anointed one; you wounded the head of the house of the wicked, laid bare the foundation to the rock.

With your horses you trampled through the sea, through the surging abyss!

When I heard, I trembled to the core, my lips quivered at the sound; my bones became disjointed and my legs gave way beneath me. Calmly I await the day of anguish which is dawning on those now attacking us.

For the fig tree is not to blossom, nor will the vines bear fruit, the olive crop will disappoint and the fields will yield no food; the sheep will vanish from the fold; no cattle in the stalls.

But I shall rejoice in Yahweh. I shall exult in God my Saviour.

Yahweh is my strength, Yahweh will make my feet as light as a doe's, and set my steps on the heights.

Morning Psalm

Benedictus
Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke this prophecy: Because of the faithful love of our God in which the rising Sun has come from on high to visit us, to give light to those who live in darkness and the shadow dark as death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Christian Bible Reading

Meditation
Meditation Timer

Closing
All praise to the Creator, to the Word Incarnate, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever.
Amen